Hot toys for Christmas 2011 are expected to sell out quickly, like they do every year. Any toy marketed online or on television will be the most sought-after toys in the land, and if you don’t rush to the toy store as soon as the stock arrives, you will miss out! Your children have been good all year, or at least for the month of December, and see no reason for Santa to turn them down. You’ll have to explain why if he does!
Do you remember Arnie’s great 1996 holiday film “Jingle All The Way,” in which he utilized all of his powers to obtain his kid that all-important heated Christmas toy? You could be the one! How can you effectively delight them while avoiding all-around weeping following Santa’s visit?
You have three options: shop for hot toys for Christmas in strip malls and city stores, look via mail order catalogs, or use the internet to find exactly what you (they) want. Here’s how they stack up:
Looking for Hot Toys for Christmas at the Stores
Make haste! That is the most practical advise someone can give you. A particularly popular toy will only be at a store for a limited length of time after obtaining its stock. As the holiday season approaches, the likelihood of Santa making your children happy decreases as the number of people vying for the same hot toys grows.
Because Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, you may have less time than you think – or more if retailers stay open late on Saturday: Christmas Eve – but that should just be for last-minute stocking stuffers. If the kids in your area are buzzing about the latest Nerf Gun or Air Hogs Hyperactives, you’ll have a hard time getting one from a half-mile line – and you already knew that. Queuing – that’s hilarious! When the Big Day approaches, queues fade away, and it’s a wild dash to the finish line – physical bulk, weight, brute power, and hard elbows win the award!
Stores can get very crowded at this time of year, and do you want to fight your way through the masses in search of the same hot toys for Christmas 2011 that you do? Consider having to seek from one city mall to the next, not just for stores but for entire parts of your city, only to discover that you have just missed out on the last Lego Walkie-Talkie. Which comes first: your own sanity or your child’s Christmas Day dreams? Don’t even try to respond! The solution is self-evident!
Catalogues for Mail Order
For toys, mail order catalogs are OK, but not all will offer the hottest products for Christmas, preferring instead to sell their standard line of children’s toys. Those who don’t offer a diverse choice of Christmas gifts tend to lose out, and those who do tend to sell out quickly – but catalogs rarely give a fair deal due to commissions and other charges (e.g. caatlog printing).
You have another alternative if you don’t want to cry on Christmas morning and sulk all day! When some kids get the cool items and others don’t, kids can be cruel.
Purchasing Hot Toys for Christmas over the Internet
Most individuals these days can operate a computer, and going to an toy shops online isn’t rocket science. When you do, you may not need to browse the entire store because most stores that sell hot toys for Christmas 2011 have a single page dedicated to them – however you should examine not just the pricing, but also the review or description that such sites provide, as well as the convenience.
They also have the advantage of rarely being unable to supply you because they have connections to numerous suppliers and other retailers, not just the one found in most offline toy stores. These aren’t the types of stores you’d go to; rather, they’re the types of stores that supply stuff to the internet firms you may use. They have low overheads – in fact, apart from website costs, they possibly have none at all – so they can offer you the hottest toys at pricing you won’t find in any mall toy store.
The following are some of the advantages of using the internet to locate those all-important products your children are sure they must have this Christmas:
- Save Time & Effort: There’s no need to join long lines, wait for hours, and then discover the final Dune Racer has already been claimed.
- Save Time: There’s no need to waste time going from mall to mall looking for your gift (especially if your 4-year-old prefers to play with the box!).
- Comfort and Convenience: Select the toys you require this year from the comfort of your own home. You’ll know straight quickly if it’s available for purchase, and if it isn’t, you’ll be able to move on to the next site. If your favorite hot toy for Christmas sells out completely, as it has in the past, you can quickly check out some viable alternatives.
- Lower Price: While not all mall or city stores raise their prices for Christmas toys, you can still find a better deal if you buy online from a specialized website. There are fewer overhead expenditures, such as staffing and power fees, than there are in brick-and-mortar establishments.
- Payment and delivery are simple: Decide what you want to buy and have it delivered to your preferred address; payment is usually made by credit/debit card, although some stores also take PayPal – all from the comfort of your own couch. By arranging delivery to a relative or neighbor, your children will not see their wonderful Christmas present until Christmas morning.
So, would you rather spend hours scouring the store for the toy your child needs and shoving your way through the throngs, or sit on your sofa by the fire, choose your toys, pay for them, and have them delivered? It’s a foregone conclusion!